I love sweet potatoes and I love chicken so why not PAIR these two together? Sweet potatoes are so good for you and this is such a great recipe to even make ahead and freeze! Simply prepare without the cheddar cheese topping and then you can thaw and bake at your leisure!!! Those night when you don’t feel like cooking, just pop one in the oven, top with cheese and EASY healthy meal!
4 oz of baked shredded chicken breast
Frank’s hot sauce
1 baked sweet tater
1/3 cup of cheddar cheese
While you bake your sweet tater, in a bowl, mix your shredded chicken with hot sauce. You can choose how hot you like your heat so adjust to YOUR taste buds. Let your tater let cool enough so you can handle it. Scoop some of the inner tater out, being careful to leave the skin to hold its shape! You’ll be adding your mix back to this tater as a stuffing! Place the inner tater in the chicken bowl- combine. Add the tater/chicken mix back into the skin (its okay if its over flowing!!!) and then top with your cheese.
Bake in the oven long enough to heat through and melt your cheese. You could get creative and add chives or green onion or other veggies you enjoy!
21 Day Fix Portion:
1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue
1 small diced onion
1.25 lbs ground turkey
1 1/2 cups cubed butternut squash or sweet potatoes
1 large diced green pepper
2 stalks celery
1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (14.5 oz) can crushed tomatoes
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3 T chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 T Worcestershire sauce
- In a large non-stick sauté pan, cook onion and turkey over medium high heat until meat is just browned, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Pour meat and onion into crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients to crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Enjoy with toppings of choice if desired (such as low fat shredded cheese, Greek yogurt, or chopped green onions).
Option 1: Peanut Butter and Banana
1 scoop or envelope chocolate or vanilla
1 T natural peanut butter or PB2
1 tsp vanilla extract
Blend all ingredients.
3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup berries
Stevia to taste
2 hardboiled eggs
1 tsp yellow or Dijon mustard
2 tsp salsa
- Cut eggs in half.
- Remove yolks.
- Combine egg yolks with mustard in small bowl and mix well.
- Spoon egg yolk mixture evenly into egg white halves and top with salsa.