21-Day Fix Approved Spinach Calzone with a side of sauce
1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1/2 purple
1. Lay a whole wheat “flat out” on prepping station
2. Add 1 red of ricotta cheese
3. Add 1 green of fresh spinach
4. Mince half of a garlic clove and add on top.
5. Add a blue of mozzarella cheese
6. Scramble an egg and lightly brush around the edge. Pull top of flat over and use fork to seal the edge closed
7. Brush the top with 1 tsp of oil and bake 450 for about 20 mins to brown
8. Heat up 1/2 purple of tomato sauce and serve with it.
Italian food fix style is yum. You are welcome
I can’t be the only one who see those yellow wrappers and dream of having one of those egg shaped peanut butter filled chocolate treats. If you love peanut butter and you LOVE chocolate …..then we are probably a lot a like.
But so many of us work hard to follow a healthy nutrition plan and why throw all of that hard work out of the window? Instead, try this EASY (yes, if I made it, it is easy!!) and healthier option:
1 cup of NATURAL peanut butter
1 squirt of liquid stevia OR 1 packet of the powdered stevia
1 Tablespoon of coconut oil melted
* Mix these three ingredients together. Taste it to see if it is sweet enough to your liking. The liquid stevia is pretty sweet so a little tends to go a LOOOooong way 😉
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop your peanut butter mixture on the baking sheet and form into egg shapes. (We all know it tastes better in the SHAPE of an egg, right?!) I tried to use the candy molds, but honestly, it was A LOT of extra work….who has time for that? Place your peanut butter eggs in the freezer and let them firm up! While you’re doing that….
Melt 4 chocolate baking squares + 1 tsp of coconut oil and make sure your melted goodness is smooth. Once your eggs are firm, dip them in the chocolate and place back on the baking sheet. I would encourage you to place them in the fridge so it helps to firm up your chocolate.
Yep…I had this done in less than an hour and very few ingredients.
I did manage to keep a few aside so I could share with a few people. Diane is working out to Focus T25 so I knew she would appreciate the treat. She tried to keep 1/2 of the treat for later….but that wasn’t really possible. They are so yummy you have to eat the whole thing!
NOW….this is NOT a license to eat the whole batch of candy — this is an alternative to the very processed, chemically filled options in your grocery store. 😉 Moderation, friends! Moderation!
Did you make these? How did they turn out? Comment below and share with me your thoughts!