If you’re like me, you just want it to be easy to eat healthy food, exercise and stop the vicious cycle of yo-yo dieting. You want it to be simple, without having to give up your favorite foods, dining out or that glass of wine every now and then.
I hear you! That’s why I created the “Tweak Your Day” Challenge where I teach you how to make simple tweaks to your day to live YOUR best life without sacrificing hours of sleep, delicious food or spending hundreds of dollars on gym memberships you use five times.
WHO is this challenge for?
- Someone who wants to learn healthier habits
- Someone who struggles to give up pizza or beer but wants to get healthier
- Someone who lacks the accountability to exercise 3-5 times a week
- Someone who feels very overwhelmed by all the fitness gurus and nutrition experts
- Someone who does not want to hear the technical jargon
- ANYONE who just wants getting healthy to be SIMPLER
For 5 days, I will share with you an easy-to-follow roadmap that will guide you to implementing small tweaks that will make a big difference in your sleep, nutrition and fitness. ALL FOR FREE!
If you are looking to JUST BE HEALTHY then this is YOUR challenge! Will you take it with me?
We have ALL been there, right? We feel totally BLAH or unmotivated about completing a task. Many of us even feel this way every Monday morning, perhaps even Sunday night. Can you relate?
We look for any source of energy or motivation. But where do we find this?
The main way to get energized or motivated is to intrinsically motivated yourself. UGH…. that does not sound easy or fun, does it? Its great to be excited naturally, but to be honest, its not always easy. So how do you do that? Its FOCUS.
FOCUS is actually an acronym for Follow One Course Until Successful!
Why do Monday’s feel so overwhelming? Most of us don’t love our jobs, or we think about the LONG to-do list we are holding onto or we are overwhelmed by the hustle of the work / school week. I don’t know about you, but I can make a to-do list of about a hundred things that need to finish at some point in this week. I want to encourage you to FOCUS, instead of being frazzled.
When we focus ,when we really direct where our energies should be spent — thats where energy goes! Energy goes where FOCUS flows. So instead of feeling today discouraged, I want you to feel encouraged by your focus.
Focus is our key to motivation. When you have a goal, when you have a focus, when you have a plan, you are then excited to drive towards that. Otherwise, we get discouraged and we feel like we don’t want to continue. We get lost and loose sight of our goals because we are not focused — we think about the whole entire forest rather than looking at the trees. FOCUS helps us to stay on the path within the forest so we can clearly see the forest through the trees.
What are you focusing on this week?
My grandma and I would always make BIG batches of chocolate zucchini bread when I would visit her. It was a family ordeal — my grandpa would bring in a zucchini from the garden and grandma and I would bake. My grandma is no longer able to make zucchini bread and I no longer can eat the gluten. But it was an experience as a little girl I never want to forget. Work to create fun traditions with your children!
My kids and I love to grow our zucchini and love harvesting it. Towards the end of zucchini season when we’re all a little sick of zucchini everything we start to pureé the zucchini and freeze it. We actually measure it out in 1 cup and 2 cup portions so we can easily thaw and use for recipes like this one. Freezing your veggies in the right portion will save you time later!
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips — I use this kind because they are gluten, soy and dairy free
- 2 tablespoons organic, fair trade cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic zucchini, pureé
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Pureé zucchini in a food processor
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the cocoa powder, coconut sugar, flour, baking soda, eggs, vanilla, melted chocolate, and zucchin
- Stir to combine
- Pour the batter into baking muffin papers or a glass baking dish if you prefer to make cake or brownies out of the batter
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
Do you have a recipe that is special to you?