(save a serving for tomorrow’s lunch)
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 T lemon juice
1 T honey
1 T dried oregano
1T minced garlic
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 sliced red onion
1 lb chicken cut into cubes or strips
1 cup quinoa
1/4 cup yogurt or hummus
Tomato, cucumber, and red pepper (optional)
- In a slow-cooker, combine chicken broth, lemon juice, honey, oregano, garlic, and onion powder.
- Add red onion and chicken and mix to coat chicken with seasoning.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours or on a low for 4-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Cook quinoa as directed on package.
- Spoon 1/4 of the chicken and onions onto quinoa. Top with tomato, cucumber, and red pepper strips if desired.